• Certified Appellate Specialist
• California Academy of Appellate Lawyers
• Author of "The Pierce Perspective" www.peterpierce.net
T. Peter Pierce demystifies the appeals process. Certified as a specialist in appellate law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Peter excels in evaluating a case to predict its chances of success on appeal.
Peter focuses on the long game. He is often hired at the early stages of a case to help avoid any missteps that might hinder chances on appeal. A creative advocate, Peter analyzes a case from every angle to help litigators position the case most effectively for appeal.
Highly ethical, Peter has an excellent reputation for credibility with the courts. He presents the full picture, does not oversell the case, and lays a foundation for the appellate court to view his client in the most favorable light possible.
Peter represents private and public sector clients across a broad range of topics. Private sector cases include business disputes, intellectual property, labor and employment, real estate, and matters involving high net worth individuals, among others. Public sector cases involve land use and zoning, constitutional law, fair housing law, elections law, environmental law, and other areas of law.
Recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer in eight of the nine years from 2009 to 2017, Peter has litigated cases at the merits stage before the Supreme Court of the United States and the California Supreme Court. He frequently appears before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the many divisions of the California Court of Appeal. Peter is a member of the California Academy of Appellate Lawyers.
Outside of his law practice, Peter serves on the Executive Committee and the Board of Governors of the LGBT Bar Association of Los Angeles. He is an avid triathlete, and has completed a 549-mile, seven-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles four times, raising over $70,000 for charity in the process. He recently finished his first half-ironman triathlon.
- California State Bar Appellate Law Advisory Commission: 2011
- Chair, Vice-Chair and member of the California State Bar Standing Committee on Appellate Courts: 2006-2010
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association's appellate courts section
- Contributing author of the following Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) treaties: California Civil Appellate Practice (3d ed.); California Civil Writ Practice (4th ed.); California Administrative Mandamus (3d ed.)